A running list of the improvements, bug fixes, and other updates that have been made to Editus since it's inception.Current Version: 1.0.5
== Changelog ==
* Fix for Aesop Gallery component
* German language support
* Fix for draft posts when preview setting is required
= 1.0.3 =
* Added the delete post button
* Option to disable \”Pending\” status
* More changes for custom fields
= 1.0.2 =
* Changes for custom fields: New \”Disable Post Edit\” Option
= 1.0.1 =
* A new option setting to make links editable under the Edit mode
* Fixed a bug with multiple custom field entries
= 1.0.0 =
* Added new UI color customization options
* The Post Settings button is now available under the edit mode
* Fixed a bug with automatically entering the edit mode
* Copy and paste from MS Word strips the formatting
* Fixed a bug with the new post dialog
= 0.10.2.2 =
* Fixed a bug for non-English installation
= 0.10.2.1 =
* A \”Contributor\” can now create posts, just not publish
= 0.10.2.0 =
* Posts can be now set to \”Pending\”
= 0.10.1.0 =
* Fixed some issues with BR tags
= 0.10.0.3 =
* UI and language file adjustment
= 0.10.0.0 =
* NEW UI option to automatically add a Component button to an empty paragraph
* Now Insert HTML box can accept a URL to embed, such as Youtube, Twitter etc.
= 0.9.18.4 =
* NEW UI option to switch from Drag-Drop to simple click for inserting components
* Fix for shortcode features on the insert HTML button
= 0.9.18.1 =
* A bug fix for Quote when ASE is not installed
* Some mobile fixes
= 0.9.18.0 =
* Post setting dialog fix for mobile
= 0.9.17.9 =
* An error fix for tags/categories
= 0.9.17.8 =
* Improved the Aesop Component properties handling
* Fixed some compatibility issues with certain themes.
= 0.9.17.6 =
* Fixed a style bug with the category editing.
= 0.9.17.5 =
* Fixed a bug with the Set Date codes.
* Changed the way PASTE works when the source is an HTML code.
= 0.9.17.4 =
* Fixed a bug that happens when the \”Post\” type is not selected under the \”Enable for\” options
* Added an option allow users to create new categories for posts.
= 0.9.17.3 =
* Changed the code to obtain the REST API root
= 0.9.17.2 =
* A JS bug fix.
= 0.9.17.1 =
* Added support for subtitle editing, for Aesop themes and the Subtitle (https://wordpress.org/plugins/subtitles/) plugin.
* Added an option to enable changing post dates using the Post Setting dialog
* Changed the AJAX code to hide the tour dialog
= 0.9.16.8 =
* Added Twitter handling codes
* Tour dialog uses REST API to save settings
* More social share plugins supported.
= 0.9.16.4 =
* Added lasso_wrap_shortcode_exceptions filter
* Fixed a bug where you could delete readonly elements by selecting and hitting
a key other than BS and DEL.
= 0.9.16.3 =
* Adjusted the content filter so it can filter shortcode content
= 0.9.16.2 =
* Added lasso_required_plugins filter
= 0.9.16.1 =
* A bug fix for multisite installation.
* A bug fix for page list.
* Added a way to add a filter to the save operation.
= 0.9.16.0 =
* Option to work with custom fields from frontend: (https://edituswp.com/editing-and-updating-custom-fields-from-frontend/)
* Improvement to the Undo behavior.
* A bug fix for shortcode handling
* Aesop event support
= 0.9.15.3 =
* More fix for custom post types
* New option to set the tag for the \”Italic\” style
= 0.9.15.2 =
* Fix for post delete
* Settings page update. New option to set the tag for the \”Bold\” style
* Added style to hide controls from printing
= 0.9.15.1 =
* Insert HTML button can now process 3rd party shortcodes
= 0.9.15.0 =
* The Post List dialog now displays draft posts
* The Post List dialog now displays custom post types properly.
= 0.9.14.2 =
* Editus tag classes now removed when saving
* Fixed support email
= 0.9.14.1 =
* Fixed a bug involving an empty post
* Fixed the icon file missing.
= 0.9.14.0 =
* Inserting H2 and H3 now also inserts p tags
* Fixed the tour dialog getting stuck at loading
* Fixed an issue where a component somtimes goes invisible after editing
* All contenteditable attributes removed before being saved
= 0.9.13.9 =
* Fixed a bug where shortcodes were not properly restored while saving using REST API
* Links are now always clickable.
= 0.9.13.7 =
* Aesop Video Component is now updated using AJAX
* Fix for the publish button
= 0.9.13.6 =
* Fixed an issue with saving post titles
* Aesop Content Component is now updated using AJAX
* UI fixes for small mobile devices
= 0.9.13.5 =
* Now Editus uses REST API to save posts when it can.
* REST API saving can also be disabled from the options.
* Addressed the issue where cursor jumps when pasting texts.
* Filters \\\’ in components when edited. Filters it back to single apostrophe
= 0.9.13.3 =
* Fixes for dialog text colors on certain themes.
* Dialog behaviors improved for mobile platforms.
= 0.9.13.2 =
* Fixed some styling issues for mobile.
* Fixed an issue in third party shortcode handling.
= 0.9.13.1 =
* Save removes html comments
= 0.9.13.0 =
* Added REST API v2 support
* Added codes to check if someone else is editing the post/page.
* Fixed a bug automatically entering Edit Mode when it shouldn\’t.
= 0.9.12.2 =
* Fixed some issues with \”Read Only\” item options
* Added an option to show the \”Ignored Items\” and keep them read only
= 0.9.12.0 =
* Aesop Hero Gallery has been added
* Fixed several issues with Gallery AJAX update
* When a new post is created Editus automatically enters Edit Mode
= 0.9.11.1 =
* Added an option to open a link a new browser tab.
= 0.9.11.0 =
* Now Gallery components update without having to reload the page, using AJAX.
* Also fixed a bug in gallery image update.
= 0.9.10.5 =
* Major new features in Beta:
* Added Color Text Button Options.
* Added Text Alignment Button Options.
= 0.9.10.2 =
* Added a new option to set non-editable elements that are parts of the post.
* Live update improvement for Video Component.
= 0.9.10.1 =
* Restored mobile support, for both phones and tablets
* A few more style fixes
= 0.9.10.0 =
* Fixed a FireFox bug where links could not be inserted
* Fixed a bug involving texts without any tags, resulting in the first lines disappearing
* Further style fixes
* New components shows setting dialogs when inserted for more intuitive user interface
* Added Auto Save option
* Disabled for mobile devices for now.
* Added Aesop Gallery Pop support
= 0.9.9.10 =
* Fixed the error reporting for AJAX calls
* Fixed the short code wrapping for non core Aesop components
* Fixed a bug with creating gallery
= 0.9.9.9 =
* replaced the deprecated JQuery calls to live()
= 0.9.9.8 =
* fixed a bug in the shortcode saving codes
* some form style and color adjustments
= 0.9.9.7 =
* added the following filter:
* fixed a bug in adding a custom type post
= 0.9.9.6 =
* added the following hooks:
* Tour dialog loading code has been changed.
= 0.9.9.5 =
* multi-site menu restored
* added an option to specify gallery name while creating a new gallery.
= 0.9.9.3 =
* fixed unsaved data check
* swapping gallery updates the images in the gallery sidebar
* added button to create gallery to the gallery sidebar.
= 0.9.9.1 =
* fixed some styling issues where edit boxes and some buttons were not readable under certain themes
* fixed the issue where featured images were not updated in the post settings dialog box
* Editus now auto-detects article class if it\’s .entry-content
* Editus now auto-detects title class if it\’s .entry-header
* most short codes are now preserved (props Rouven Hurling)
* multi-site menu has been changed (props Philipp Stracker)
* post type issue with non-english sites fixed (props Philipp Stracker)
= 0.9.8.2 =
* fixed references to lasso.is
= 0.9.8.1 = Oct 8 2015 =
* fixed a capability issue that was allowing contributors to edit other users posts
= 0.9.8 = Aug 14 2015
* renamed Lasso to Editus
= 0.9.7 = July 30 2015
* updated TGM Plugin Activation to latest (props Ahmad Awais)
* improved live editing video source switching in Video Component
* added dismissible license notices if license is not supplied, expired, or invalid
* fixed a capability issue with saving that was introduced with WordPress 4.2.3 (props Josh Polluck)
= 0.9.6 = June 30 2015
* added the ability to access and restore post and page revisions
* fixed a bug introduced on the last update with new posts/pages being duplicated when created
* fixed authors not being able to publish posts
* fixed a bug with Lasso Meta API not saving
= 0.9.5 = June 17 2015
* added ability to search posts and pages within the all posts modal
* added abilty to choose post type to create within new post creation modal
* component now slides into view on settings click
* fixed bug with video component not switching providers
* fixed bug with galleries not saving gallery images properly
* improved Meta API for developers wishing to integrate within Lassos post settings
* mobile style improvement – props @peiche
= 0.9.4.1 = May 28th 2015
* fixed bug with automatic updates – props @pippinsplugins
* fixed bug with admins not seeing all posts in addition to their own
= 0.9.4 = May 26 2015
* WARNING – PHP 5.4 or higher required!!
* added ability to access and delete posts and pages (and custom post types with a filter) from the front-end (requires the WP REST API plugin). If the user is an Author or Contributor they will only be shown their posts or pages.
* added ability to add a post from anywhere on the site
* added ability to set featured image within settings modal if current theme supports post thumbnails
* added ability to add categories and tags within settings modal
* added CMD + S hot key to save post while in editor
* added a close button to exit the editor
* added a new API to allow third-party addons to add new settings modals (beta). They appear as a tab and work with only a filter. This is in preparation for releasing ACF, CMB2, and Ninja Forms integration addons.
* added Canvas and Exposure themes to automatic theme support
* fixed bug with tour hide not calculating correctly
* fixed bug with Author or Contributor roles not being able to put a post in draft
* fixed options not being cleaned up on uninstall
* improved automatic theme support means supported themes work out of the box with no setup
* improved user interface colors to better match WordPress design patterns
* improved drag and drop detection between paragraphs
* improved toolbar width logic – props @peiche
* improved CSS selector performance
* replaced tour GIFs with images
= 0.9.3 = April 26th 2015
* fixed .entry-content being applied as a default Article CSS Class
* allow escaping the warning modal that warns users if no Article CSS class is present
* fixed image control setting with images inserted without Aesop Story Engine active
* fixed featured image not being saved
= 0.9.2 = April 14th 2015
* fixed links not working if editor was active but not in use
* massive internal rewrite to use a custom API for processing requests instead of hitting admin-ajax. This increases the saving speed and ensures compatibility for very large WordPress installations and Enterprise users. Tested and working on WordPress MU, Apache, Nginx , and HHVM.
= 0.9.1.1 = March 28th 2015
* fixed a js error that happened if an uploaded media item wasn\’t large enough to be resized to large
= 0.9.1 = March 27th 2015
* added ability to insert standard WordPress images and blockquote. If Aesop Story Engine is activated, it replaces these with Aesop Story Engine\’s story components.
* fixed css class names in toolbar components not being namespaced
* better iOS compatibility with editing toolbar
* removed H2 and H3 buttons from the insert HTML area if Extended Toolbar is selected as its redundant(Extended Toolbar puts H2, and H3 buttons into the toolbar)
* clarified in the instructions that the article class name in the settings should include the preceding dot
* if an embedded Tweet is in the content, we now remove it when you enter the editor so it\’s not save as HTML. In a future update, we plan to actually have some type of live ombed parsing system. This is a good fix for the time being.
* prepended a ul class to ul.editor-controls and ul.editor-component-controls as well as set letter-spacing to 0 in hopes of clearing up theme CSS conflicting with Lasso CSS. Normally this is bad practice (ul.this), but it\’s better than applying !important.
= 0.9 = March 21st 2015
* fixed a capability issue where contributors were allowed to publish posts
* class visibility methods
= 0.8.8 = March 19th 2015
* added an alert that pops up if the user tries to use the editor but hasn\’t added the required Article Class in order to use Lasso
* added all Aesop built themes to automatically supported themes list
* updated pot file
= 0.8.7 = March 16th 2015
* added a new option that lets you list CSS classes of items to ignore on save. This makes Lasso compatible wity 99.99% of all WordPress themes
= 0.8.6 = March 12th 2015
* new pre-flight function to check to ensure plugin settings are configured
* added automatic theme support for WordPress core themes and UpThemes
* added a new define define(\’LASSO_AGENCY_MODE\’) which removes the license page and links out to Lasso website
* added a new tab for Lasso to hold the status page, license page, and settings
* added new license menu page in preperation of the public launch of this plugin
* fixed an issue with the height in the Tour slider sometimes not calculating correctly
* fixed a permission issue where a user was allowed to edit another users posts. we were using edit_posts and switched to edit_post
= 0.8.5 = March 8th 2015
* misc bug fixes
* removed the \”url helper\” field for creating new posts as it was confusing some users
* added helper text to the field for creating new posts as a better visual guide
* new activation welcome screen in WordPress
* fixed the content component from not correctly saving
* added two actions: lasso_editor_controls_before && lasso_editor_controls_after
* added two css classes that get applied to the body when a featured thumbnail is added or removed : lasso-post-thumb-added && lasso-post-thumb-removed